Back to News
What to Expect Moving Forward!
What to Expect at First Westminster Presbyterian Church /Love God Love Others /Beginning Sunday, May 31
- Those who are in at-risk groups, those who care for people in at-risk groups, and those who have any symptoms of sickness at all are most strongly encouraged not to come to church.
- We encourage those who will not be attending church in-person to view the service online. Service is LIVE streamed through Facebook and all services are archived to the church website at www.firstwestminster.org.
- Social distancing of 6 feet is to be maintained throughout the building. Families/households do not have to do this social distancing amongst themselves because they already live together. However, there is to be social distancing between such a household unit and other families/households/individuals.
- Facilities that are in use, especially highly-touched items (e.g., pews, door knobs, rails, etc.) will be cleaned with disinfectant/cleaning solution following each service.
- Hand sanitizer will be available at the entrances.
- Everyone is encouraged to wear face masks.
- Hymnals will be removed from the pews and stored temporarily. All music will be listed inside the bulletin.
- There will be no passing of the peace.
- We will be live streaming services and the layout may be a little different than before.
- During Children’s Moments, we ask all children to remain seated with their families for the time being.
- At the conclusion of service, in greeting the faithful, Rev. Jason Elliott will be outside while maintaining social distancing.
Collection of Offerings
- Offering plates and mission cans will not be passed through the pews during the service.
- Offering plates and mission cans will be available at the front of the sanctuary and those wishing to give can place their offerings when entering or leaving the church.
- We also encourage online giving at https://app.easytithe.com/app/giving/firstwest
- You can also send any mailed gifts to the following address: 235 N4th Street Steubenville, OH 43952.
- Thank you for your generosity in supporting the First Westminster mission and ministry.